Thursday, June 18, 2009

wanna fight?

i am becoming one tough b**ch! it surprises me the things that i am forced to say/do/endure these days.

sometimes i feel so beat down i don't even have the energy to fight. hubby and i are "walking on eggshells" as i call it. this basically means a fight is brewing, just beneath the surface. we are at opposite ends of an agreement regarding something i want to do and just cannot over the last half year seem to come to some kind of agreement. we fight everytime it comes up and usually i have far given up by now. but i just can't.

but enough about that:)

it is a rainy freakin day here today and i am so sick of it! i just got finished about 50 hours of work in 3.5 days i am should be sleeping, but i can't!

instead i will leave you with this story.....

I used to be a nanny for 2 kids. it was a cake job because i loved the kids, and i could go to college while they were in school and they paid me well.

everything about this job was good except i had a really bad tie with mail boxes, that i haven't had before or since.

once, when i was driving them to school, there was a car that braked suddenly in front of me. it truly did brake very hard, i wasn't following too closely. i slammed on my brakes but i knew i wasn't going to be able to stop in time. there was nothing but lawn next to me on the right so i swerved over to cu through the grass alittle to avoid hitting the dumb car in front.

well there was only lawn and ....

a mailbox, which i promptly ran over.

i was so nervous that the whole thing happened in the first place that it didn't occur to me to stop and go back. i just kept on driving as if nothing had happened until the girl who was a bit older than the boy turned to me and said, ummm did we hit a mailbox?

i looked her dead in the eye and told her no. i guess she believed me because we never spoke of it again.

that or she was afraid i might run her over......

and the other time i was backing out of their driveway and i don;t know what i was looking at, bt i backed over their mailbox and knocked it over and it was wooden so it broke!

it was splayed everywhere in their driveway.

i felt terrible, i sat there for a minute and then i don;t know what possessed me, but i left!

i think they would have been very understanding had i stayed and explained and i really was very good to their kids.....

the next day they were relaying the story that some crazy person came and knowcked over their mail box and didn't even say anything.
i jsut stood there and agreed how awful it was to have done such a thing. i felt so terrible , but by that point there was no going back.

i don;t think they ever even suspected me...

i am sure you all think i am horrible now, but i was only 17, i didn't know that it wouldn't be the end of the world to fess up and buy them a new mailbox.

i hope they never find this and read it.......

have nay of you ever done something like that? how did you handle it?

you better fess up, or i might come looking for your mailbox.......

10 comments:

Cammie said...

I think I will stay on your good side!
heehee

Anonymous said...

Let's see.. I stole this girl's chapstick in the 4th grade...I still feel bad about that!! And...that's all I can come up with! LOL

I hate the eggshells feeling and I hate not being able to come to an agreement on something. Hang in there! I'm here if you wanna chat!

Anonymous said...

SHHH I wont tell....hehehehe I personally LOVE things like this!

Night Owl Mama said...

lol that's hysterical. I never seen the benefit to lying. I guess I'm weird like that. I've kept a secret or two cause hey what they won't know won't hurt right.
My mail box is on my house I'd like to c u try it! Need my address? LOL

Jennifer said...

Hahahah! You are too funny! I love that you just pretended like it didn't happen with the kids in the car! SO somehting I would do! Don't worry, with my it's poles that hold roofs/car ports up... I've hit two of those... One in my company car--Ooops!

I found your cute blog through SITS!

Kristina P. said...

I am judging you! ;)

Claire said...

Ugh, I hope the eggshells feeling. I hope it passes for you.

Cxx

Sarah said...

I never ran over a mailbox but I nannied for a family for 4.5 years (ended last October) and when the little one was like 2 he got out of the house while I was upstairs and was halfway down the street, following his dog, when his father came in with him and told me where he found him (Thank God he found him at that perfect second). They were surprisingly cool about it, I would have flipped out. It NEVER happened again...to me. His parents lost him several times, once at Best Buy and the store went into "kidnapped child" lockdown.

The Wallace Family said...

Saying hi from SITS please don't run over my mailbox lol! I once ran into the back of my friends' mom's van and NEVER Told them. I was way too scared and mad at them anyways for making me pull out of a too close of a spot in their driveway. They wouldn't move their van so I say that is what they get:)

J said...

I used to have a friend who had the same problem with parked cars -even worse!
Stopping in from SITS!